Fall Volunteer Opportunities
Jul. 28, 2021
The semester starts soon and there are many community organizations in need of volunteers? Here are some great ways to help out.
- CCSD Stay in School Mentoring Project: Volunteer with CCSD K -12 students who are at risk of dropping out of school and are in need positive role models, guidance, and support to help them be successful.
- The Children's Cabinet: Support programs and services for children, including crisis intervention, case management, academic support, tutoring, transitional living, mentoring, parenting classes, child care resource and referral assistance, and free family counseling.
- The Cupcake Girls: Provide support to victims of sex trafficking and the sex industry through outreach, case management, and resource referrals. Volunteers can assist with counseling services, advocacy, marketing, event hosting, administrative office work, and more.
- DISCOVERY Children’s Museum: Provide socially-distanced STEAM education, literacy lessons, and wrap-around services for students. Volunteers work in 4-hour shifts and a background check is required.
- Dress for Success Southern Nevada: Help empower women to achieve economic independence, build careers, and become self-sufficient. Volunteers can serve as image consultants, boutique assistants, and assist with event planning and marketing.
- The Garden Foundation: Empower individuals with special needs to reach their full potential by participating in programs that encourage them to learn, grow, socialize, explore, be independent, and have fun!
- Goodie Two Shoes Foundation: Help disadvantaged children and children in crisis with shoes, socks, and other basic needs items. Volunteers can assist with distribution events.
- Helping Hands of Vegas Valley: Enrich the lives of senior citizens by delivering meals, providing transportation to medical appointments, coordinating food drives, and supporting the central office with administrative duties.
- Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada: Deliver interactive lessons that help K-12 students discover and apply entrepreneurship, work readiness, and financial literacy concepts and skills.
- Las Vegas Rescue Mission: Serve those in need through food, shelter, daily needs, and addiction recovery. Volunteers can assist with meal services, working the retail store, community advocacy, and more.
- Neon Museum: Keep Las Vegas history alive for generations to come. The Neon Museum has opportunities for volunteers throughout the museum year-round. Talk to guests, work with their collection, participate in special events and more.
- Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth: Help ensure the safety, health, and well-being of homeless youth in our community. Volunteers can serve as translators, host virtual classes, orientations, social events, create hygiene kits, and more.
- Project F.O.C.U.S: Support inclusive academic and employment experiences as well as independent living for college students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Volunteers assist by providing inclusive opportunities for students to socialize and interact with the UNLV community.
- Project REAL: Help educate K-12 students on the importance of understanding their social responsibilities and rights. Volunteers can serve as office assistants, lead courthouse field trips, host mock trials, and grant writing.
- Rape Crisis Center: Support victims in the immediate aftermath and long-term recovery following sexual abuse and assault. Volunteers must be 21 years of age or older.
- REACH: Assist in delivering needed resources to help individuals with disabilities live their best lives, including social events, instruction and mentorship. Volunteers can assist with event planning, teaching, mentoring, technology, marketing, administration, and more.
- Ronald McDonald House of Charities: Improve the health, education, and well-being of children within the Las Vegas community. Volunteer opportunities include hosting virtual events, delivery drivers, decorating care packages, and more!
- The Shade Tree:; Assist at a shelter for homeless and abused women and children in crisis and to offer life-changing services promoting stability, dignity and self-reliance. Volunteers can provide tutoring services, catering meals, teaching life skills, data entry, and collecting donations.
- Spread the Word Nevada: Advance early childhood literacy by placing books into the hands and homes of children within Nevada’s at-risk, low income communities. Volunteers can help by serving as a mentor, delivering books to low income schools, and supporting local family literacy programs.
- St. Jude’s Ranch for Children: Support this safe and nurturing home with therapeutic residential treatment services to abused and neglected children in Nevada. Volunteers play a vital role by assisting with a variety of projects including campus clean-up and events.
- Trauma Intervention Program (TIP) of Southern Nevada: Serve individuals suffering from emotional trauma due to emergency situations. Volunteers are called to emergency scenes to provide emotional and practical support to family members, witnesses, and other bystanders directly on-scene, during the investigation process.
- Three Square: Help Southern Nevada become a hunger-free community by supporting their food banking and food rescue programs as well as ready-to-eat meals.
- U.S.VETS: The mission is to end veteran homelessness in the United States! Volunteers can assist by providing mentorship, meal service, hosting donation drives, and holiday giving.