Distinguished Teacher and Researcher Award Recipients
The College is proud to announce the recipients of this year's Distinguished Teacher and Distinguished Researcher Awards.
Dr. Brendan Morris, Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, is the winner of the 2020 College of Engineering Distinguished Teacher award. This distinction is awarded based on the review of application materials from multiple colleges, including Liberal Arts, Sciences and Education.
Dr. Alex Barzilov, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, is the recipient of this year's College of Engineering Outstanding Researcher Award.
External reviewers were asked to assess Research applicants based on the following criteria:
- Significance of the research in relation to the knowledge or advancement of the field.
- Publication of research findings in peer reviewed national or international journals.
- Papers or related public presentations of research findings and their application and use by the discipline involved.
- Patents, patent disclosures, and start-up activities.
- Evidence of extended, intentional development of the topic of research that resulted in a significant contribution.
- Any other evidence of the outstanding nature of the research activity that may be relevant.
Congratulations to both Dr. Morris and Dr. Barzilov!