Details for students on remote/virtual instruction and university operations
UNLV will transition to remote/virtual instruction beginning Monday, March 23. The university campuses and facilities will remain open.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work through these extraordinary circumstances together.
- Students who live on campus may remain in student housing for the remainder of the Spring semester while UNLV continues online instruction.
- Students who choose to move home to complete their courses remotely may do so. Students will be refunded for the remainder of their room and board on a prorated basis. No cancellation fee will be applied.
- Students interested in moving out of campus housing should contact the main housing office for assistance at 702-895-3489. Housing staff will be reaching out to residents with further information and to answer any questions.
- The Dining Commons will continue operations with some slight modifications. Self-service stations will be closed; stations will be full service.
- Student Union and other dining hours or availability may be modified. Check the UNLV Dining website for updates.
Student Recreation and Wellness
- The facility will remain open and regular services will be offered with minor modifications.
- UNLV’s buildings and campuses will remain open and we will continue to provide services to our students who live in residence halls.
- The university will continue its enhanced cleaning and sanitizing efforts.
- Student employees may continue to work on campus if they are comfortable doing so. Please consult with your supervisor.
- The University Libraries will remain open, though access to facilities will be restricted to UNLV and NSHE-affiliated students, faculty, and staff. The Libraries are currently evaluating hours to maximize resources during this time. Current Libraries hours can be found online. The Libraries will continue to support online library/searching/resource questions via the online Ask Us chat or via text at 702-945-0822 and, in addition, a number of resources can be accessed through the Libraries website using your ACE Account.
- Please look for further messaging from your instructors regarding the mode of delivery for your courses.
- Students who are registered with the Disability Resource Center and need assistance during this transition should contact the DRC at 702-895-0866 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Computer labs will remain open on campus.
- Out of an abundance of caution, UNLV strongly advises cancellation or postponement of events held on our campuses beginning Sunday, March 15, through Sunday, April 12. The university will re-evaluate events scheduled after April 12 in the coming weeks to determine if additional cancellations are necessary.
- The Barrick Lecture Series events scheduled for March 23 (Deepak Chopra) and April 6 (Helen Mirren) are canceled.
- Registered Student Organizations hosting events are asked to contact the venue where the event is booked or call the Office Student Involvement and Activities at 702-895-5631 or email@example.com. If your event is booked through the Student Union and Event Services, contact 702-895-4449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UNLV Athletics is suspending all spring sports competitions indefinitely based on guidance issued today from the Mountain West Conference Board of Directors.
- External event organizers who have booked venues at UNLV should reach out to the venue to determine next steps.
- NSHE will provide further direction regarding in-person visits by UNLV presidential candidates, currently slated for the week of March 23.
- The university has asked venue and event hosts to exercise flexibility related to event refund policies.
UNLV will continue to update the university community as the situation evolves. Updates also can be found at unlv.edu/coronavirus.