Current UNLV COVID-19 Guidelines Overview for Students
Now that fall semester is in full swing here is a briefly overview of the UNLV COVID-19 guidelines:
1. We should behave as if any of us is at risk for having the coronavirus at any time. That means mask wearing with mouth and nose fully covered; six feet of social distancing; and frequent sanitization and hand washing. These measures are designed to help prevent close contacts (and virus transmission) from occurring.
2. All of us should be following an "honor code" of staying at home if we are sick and quarantining if 1) we've had a positive COVID-19 test or 2) we've come in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Right now, the CDC recommends the following COVID quarantine periods;
- 10 days from first onset of symptoms (*could be longer if patient remains symptomatic)
- 14 days from close contact with someone who has COVID-19 if no test is given and no symptoms appear
3. All persons coming to campus who have received a positive COVID-19 test result are encouraged to submit their contact and test information on the university's coronavirus page, https://www.unlv.edu/
All reporting is voluntary, and no information will be released publicly, except the fact that someone who was on campus tested positive, and the date of the test.
Reporting on the coronavirus page is extremely helpful, because it allows the Southern Nevada Health District to perform all necessary contact tracing and notify affected persons who may need to get a test and/or quarantine.
4. All UNLV students and employees who need a coronavirus test can get it for free at the Strip View Pavilion of the Thomas and Mack Center, Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 am to 3:20 pm.
To schedule an appointment, call the University Medical Center of Southern Nevada at 702 383-2619 or click here. Same-day appointments are available; test results usually take 24-72 hours.
Let's continue to be diligent and do our best to protect one another at all times.