COVID-19: Update from LEE Undergraduate Advising

Mar. 18, 2020


Undergraduate Advising has never dealt with such an extraordinary situation as the one caused by COVID-19. We're doing our best to assist our students while making every effort to keep students and staff safe and to help prevent the spread of the virus. We will continue to keep you informed of any changes. In the meantime, please, do all you can to keep yourself healthy and to protect the health of those around you.

In our efforts toward social distancing, the Undergraduate Advising's office is closed to outside traffic until April 13. (This date may change depending on the situation with COVID-19.) Consequently, there are no drop-ins or in-person appointments. Please do not come to campus to visit Undergraduate Advising.

During the office's closure, our advisors and staff are working to provide the following services remotely:

  • Conduct telephone appointments
  • Answer e-mail inquiries
  • Process students' paperwork
  • Schedule telephone appointments

Services Available Through the Undergraduate Advising Team

Below gives you important information about how to work with the LEE Office of Undergraduate Advising during this time.

Scheduling a Telephone Appointment

Call Undergraduate Advising at 702-895-3363.

  • You may need to leave a message.
  • Someone will return your call.
  • The advisor will call you for the appointment. The call will come from a blocked number, make sure your phone can accept blocked calls and be prepared to answer.
Submitting Paperwork for an Advisor's Review:
  1. Scan and e-mail the document from your Rebelmail to (Examples of paperwork may include: applications to the major, VA SEF, financial aid forms, etc.)
  2. Include the following information in your e-mail:
    1. Your name as it appears in MyUNLV
    2. Your NSHE number
    3. Your request
    4. The paperwork you would like reviewed
  3. The advisor will send you an e-mail once the paperwork has been processed. Allow 5-10 business days for paperwork processing.
Requesting Permission to Enroll in a Business Class:
  1. E-mail your request from your Rebelmail to
  2. Include in your e-mail the information listed below:
    1. Your name as it appears in MyUNLV
    2. Your NSHE number
    3. Your request, which must identify:
      • The class you're requesting; and
      • The semester (ex., summer or fall). Note: For summer classes, you must include the course, the section number and the summer session during which you plan to take the class (example: ECON 102, section 1002, summer 3).
    4. Non-business students, you must submit a recently completed copy of your degree worksheet.