Call for Proposals: 2021-2022 NITEP Research Program
Call for Proposals: 2021-2022 NITEP Research Program:
The Nevada Institute on Teaching & Educator Preparation (NITEP) seeks to support five research projects in the amount of $25,000 each for the 2021-2022 academic year. We seek proposals from partners across Nevada who focus on research that identifies or validates effective pedagogical practices for diverse learners. Proposals from all institutions and partners in Nevada are encouraged.
Through the research component, NITEP also seeks to induct 8-16 NITEP Fellows as undergraduate student researchers as a part of these funded projects to extend their capacity as developing teacher researchers. Projects are required to meaningfully engage 2-4 NITEP Fellows as part of the research team over the course of the research project for a total of approximately 30 hours per fellow (students will be matched after project awarding).
Proposals should support research associated with unique, innovative, promising, or novel pedagogical approaches and educational engagements (e.g., instructional practices, wraparound services, recruitment and retention, policy-to-practice).
Proposals must outline a research project, scope, and timeline in sufficient detail for evaluation, and must include:
- Overview of the problem;
- Research question(s) to be addressed;
- Appropriate methods and design to address the question(s);
- Analytic techniques to evaluate the question(s);
- Plan to meaningfully engage, mentor, and induct 2-4 undergraduate NITEP Fellows as members of the research team;
- Plan for dissemination of findings (see Agreements and Deliverables below)
- Detailed budget and corresponding budget narrative describing each item and how it supports the project (see Budgeting Considerations below); and
- Project timeline not to extend beyond April 30, 2022 (non-negotiable).
Additional Preferred Criteria:
Special consideration will be given to proposals that meaningfully involve community partners, particularly those from, or serving, diverse or underserved populations.
Each awarded project may not exceed a budget of $25,000, of which at least $5,000 must be reserved for the participation of two NITEP Fellows (i.e., $2,500 award per NITEP fellow). Involvement of additional NITEP Fellows is encouraged, and each additional NITEP Fellow should be budgeted for $2,500. NITEP can fund no more than $4,000 in equipment costs per project. All funds must be expended by April 15, 2022.
Agreements and Deliverables:
As part of the agreement for successful proposals, NITEP seeks to share the research findings and information from these projects. In addition to grant activities, investigators will agree to, and be responsible for, the following:
- Delivering a research project report white paper by April 30, 2022;
- A plan for a manuscript or grant application (instructional partnerships encouraged, but not required);
- Presentation to the CoE and NITEP community at NITEP Day, to be held in late April or early May 2022; and
- Maintenance of NITEP Fellow activity logs (to be signed by mentor and student) for grant administration and external reviewers.
Submit a narrative overview of the proposed research project following the proposal requirements above, including a description of any partnerships and personnel that may be necessary.
Please send the proposal as a single PDF. Submit completed proposals to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the email subject line: NITEP Research Proposal, by 5 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 16, 2021.
Please note that funding availability is subject to final NITEP budget approval by the State of Nevada.