Call for Nominations: 2019 NSHE Nevada Regents' Scholar Award
The Office of Undergraduate Research is pleased to announce the opening of the nomination period for the 2019 Nevada Regents’ Scholar Award for undergraduate students. Nominations, including the completed application packet and materials supporting the nomination, are invited through 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 22, 2018. Application packets should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This award, which carries with it a $5,000 cash stipend, will be awarded to one (1) undergraduate student.
Awards are to be based upon distinguished academic accomplishments (including research and other scholarly activities), leadership ability, and service contributions while a registered student, as well as for the recipient’s potential for continued success. All nominations must be submitted in writing on behalf of the student. Detailed eligibility requirements and instructions for the nominator and nominee can be found in the attached documents below.
- Nominees must be currently enrolled in no fewer than nine (9) undergraduate credits in the semester in which they are nominated (Fall 2018).
- University undergraduate student nominees must have completed a minimum of 62 total credit hours within NSHE institutions by the time the award is granted.
- Leadership and service accomplishments must have occurred while the nominee is a registered NSHE student.
- Nominations must be submitted by an academic or administrative faculty member.
Each nomination must contain the following information only:
- Formal letter of nomination from an NSHE employee that demonstrates the nominees’ academic and leadership abilities;
- NSHE Nomination Form
- Applicant's Curriculum Vitae (CV); and
- Applicant's Statement of Purpose
Winners will be notified by March and recognized at the campus ceremony typically held in April. If you have any questions about the Regents’ Scholar Awards, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Research by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (702) 895-2367.