Association of Biology Graduate Students Accomplishments
BIOS, the association of Biology graduate students and postdoctoral researchers of the School of Life Sciences (SoLS) at UNLV, continues to make a difference in the southern Nevada community and in the lives of Biology graduate students and postdocs.
Formed in 2001, the goals of BIOS are to advocate for student interests, strengthen the professional relationships between SoLS faculty and graduate students and postdocs, help its members to develop professional skills, facilitate social interactions, and promote community outreach.
Recently BIOS has, among other things:
- Represented the School of Life Sciences at UNLV’s annual Festival of Communities.
- Provided financial support to graduate students traveling toregional and national conferences to present their research.
- Launched a writing review service.
- Launched a blog for students to practice their community outreach and writing skills.
- Participated in interviews for SoLS prospective graduate students.
- Represented graduate interests at School of Life Sciences Faculty meetings.
Members of the BIOS actively serve on UNLV’s Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA).