2013-2014 Leadership Development Academy Fellows Named
May. 23, 2013
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost is pleased to announce the inaugural class of UNLV Leadership Development Academy Fellows. In all, 19 applications were received. The applicant pool consisted of 10 administrative and nine academic faculty. In addition, we are delighted to report that the application pool consisted of eight women and 11 underrepresented racial/ethnic minority faculty.
All of the applications received were of high quality and it was with extreme difficulty that final selections were made. In assessing the applications, the committee favored those with curricula vitae or résumés that reflected a high level of scholarship and/or strong potential for higher-level leadership. In addition, the committee carefully evaluated the quality of the visions articulated in the personal statements.
Originally, the committee anticipated selecting a total of five Fellows; however, the strong pool of applications resulted in the committee’s decision to select seven Fellows instead. Please join us in congratulating the 2013–2014 UNLV Leadership Development Academy Fellows:
- Alfredo Fernandez-Gonzale, College of Fine Arts
- Karyn Hollingsworth, Lee Business School
- Nakia Jackson-Hale, Harrah College of Hotel Administration
- Joel Lieberman, Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
- Ngai Pindell, Boyd School of Law
- John Puthenpurackal, Lee Business School
- Mary Riddel, Lee Business School