Scholarships ensure the UNLV School of Medicine can recruit the best medical students, while helping them focus on their education without the worry of large student loans. Read how you can help ease student debt.
Thanks to 41 exceptional donors, our Founding Scholarship Drive in April 2015 secured a total of 135 four-year scholarships – 60 for our 2017 charter class and 25 scholarships for each of the next three entering classes (2018-2020).
More scholarships, both outright and endowed, are needed for the 2018-2020 classes and future classes.
Scholarships help UNLV School of Medicine attract a diverse, highly qualified applicant pool of students who want to pursue their dreams of becoming physicians without being held back by financial constraints. Scholarships allow medical students to focus on their education and to select the medical specialty most suited to them.
Scholarship donors can provide one-time, outright support or create an endowed scholarship that lasts forever and will help more students over time as the endowment grows.
Ways you can help our support our medical students’ education
Make any size gift to the UNLV School of Medicine Scholarship Fund, a fully spendable fund, to help offset the costs of tuition, books, fees, and other costs of attendance for students pursuing a medical degree at the UNLV School of Medicine.
Create a named, outright scholarship
- Partial outright scholarship minimum: $5,000 per year for four years or more
- One-year tuition outright scholarship: $25,0000
- Four-year tuition outright scholarship: $100,000
Establish a named, scholarship endowment
- UNLV endowment minimum: $30,000 pledge payable up to five years.
- While the scholarship awarded initially by this minimum endowment will be small, the endowment will be invested to grow over time.
- Four-Year tuition endowed scholarship: $1 million