UNLV Medicine Ackerman Autism Center
UNLV School of Medicine and the Grant A Gift Autism Foundation have joined forces to open the UNLV Medicine Ackerman Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Solutions. The new center combines cutting-edge diagnostics, treatment, behavioral / vocational training, support programs, and education for infants to young adults, all in one outpatient setting.
The UNLV Medicine Ackerman Autism Center provides clients with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, psychologists, and speech and behavioral therapists, for a comprehensive diagnosis, treatment plan, follow-up care and support services.
Ensure every infant, child, adolescent and young adult with Autism and neurodevelopmental challenges has access to a medical home that provides high quality, multi-specialty diagnostic, treatment, and intervention services.
UNLV Medicine Ackerman Autism Center Services
- Diagnostic teams in developmental pediatrics, genetics, neuropsychology, speech
- Pediatric primary care for families with children with autism and neurodevelopmental challenges
- Medication management
- Care management, psychological follow-up services, and social service navigation for every family
- Individualized behavioral programs and services
- The Early Start Denver Model and Social Skills and vocational training for children, teens and young adults
- Parental education and support groups
- Sibling support groups and activities
- Volunteer opportunities and training
- One Health
- Sierra Health and Life
- Sierra Health Options
Our Medical Team of Experts
Feb. 16, 2017
The Las Vegas physician and higher education regent discusses his own educational experience and why UNLV’s School of Medicine is so important to health of our community.
Jan. 5, 2017
After receiving two kidney transplants over the last two decades, the associate dean of clinical affairs dedicated her life to improving health care for others.
Nov. 29, 2016
The first-of-its-kind program in Nevada is aimed at helping patients overcome the hurdles to receiving care.
Oct. 13, 2016
The UNLV Medicine Ackerman Center for Autism and Neurodevelopment Solutions provides families with the gamut of specialists — all in one place.
Oct. 5, 2016
With the Ackerman Center, families in Las Vegas Valley finally now have one place to turn to for comprehensive autism care.
In the News
May. 3, 2017 | KTNV-TV: ABC 13
May. 2, 2017 | KTNV-TV: ABC 13
Apr. 25, 2017 | Las Vegas Review-Journal
Jan. 23, 2017 | Las Vegas Review-Journal
Nov. 30, 2016 | Las Vegas Business Press
Nov. 3, 2016 | Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Grant a Gift Autism Foundation
- ABA services covered by Nevada Division of Health Care Financing and Policy (DHCFP)
- Autism Treatment Assistance Program (ATAP)
ATAP provides a monthly allotment to pay for on-going treatment development, supervision and a limited amount of weekly intervention hours based upon a child’s individual treatment plan, age, and income.
- Nevada Commission for Autism Spectrum Disorder