The spring semester of 2016 saw the launch of IGI's Hospitality Lab. As the gaming innovation class has brought innovation to the casino industry, the Hospitality Lab does the same with the global hospitality industry. The lab is a project oriented innovation lab addressing the top needs and opportunities within an entire industry. The lab consists of a unique learning environment which combines coursework, project ideation, design and development, and presentation to hospitality industry professionals. Guest speakers from a range of hospitality brands and roles are augmented by speakers on innovation and from successful startups.
The core themes are specifically on the application of “big data” analytics, artificial intelligence, and mobile technologies.
The program is led by hospitality innovator, Robert Rippee, CEO of Elysian and former senior vice president of marketing for the Venetian and the Palazzo in Las Vegas. Rippee brings more than 25 years of innovation experience in hospitality along with a powerful network of advisors and mentors across venture capital, big tech, big hospitality, and gaming.
The class runs every spring semester:
- Open to all UNLV students and the community with special emphasis on the “Rebels”, the change makers, the people who see business not as it is but as it could be
- You will consult and be mentored by industry professionals across hospitality, tech, and innovation
- Ideally suited for entrepreneurs with backgrounds in data science, hotel administration, marketing, engineering, gaming, design, and/or fine arts
- Work with experts to patent and commercialize your innovation
- Work with Las Vegas integrated resorts to test, prototype, or evaluate your innovations
For further information, please contact: [email protected]