Transfer from Classified to Professional Position

As you prepare to transfer to from a state Classified position to a Professional position within UNLV there are a number of items that you need to address to ensure a smooth transition. Below are tips on how to achieve this:

  1. Talk to your supervisor about your intent to transfer to another department.
    Once you have decided on your transfer date, notify your supervisor with your last day with your current department will be.
  2. Notify HRexit
    Email [email protected] to notify HR that you are planning on transferring. The email needs to include the following information:
    • Full Name of Employee
    • Current Department and contact number
    • The employee’s last day with current department
    • Name of UNLV department transferring to and start date
  3. Discuss your leave.
    We recommend that you meet with your department leavekeeper to ensure that all leave taken and any leave you plan to take between now and your transfer date has been posted to your leave balance. Leave record will also need to be transferred to new leave keeper.
  4. Return department property, including office keys, marlock cards, or department credit cards.
  5. Discuss with new department access requests. 
    Your accesses you had with your formal department will be turned off once you transfer. You will need to get new accesses and approval from new department.