Discuss Your Time Off
We recommend that you meet with your department leave-keeper to ensure that all of your time off requests are correct in Workday.
- Administrative Faculty/Professional Employees: you are entitled to a payout of your accrued annual (vacation) days up to 48 days unless your appointing authority has directed you in writing to exhaust your leave prior to your last day.
- Classified Employees: if you have completed six months of continuous service, you are entitled to a payment of any unused annual leave and comp time. If you separate from the university with 10 years of service, you are eligible to receive a payout of any unused sick leave in excess of 30 days (240 hours) based on years of service as follows:
- 10 years but less than 15, not more than $2,500
- 15 years but less than 20, not more than $4,000
- 20 years but less than 25, not more than $6,000
- 25 years or more, not more than $8,000
- Academic Faculty: you do not accrue annual leave and would not be eligible for a payout
- Postdocs: you will forfeit any annual leave accrued