Returning Student

A returning student is defined as a person who has been admitted to and attended UNLV in the past, but has had two consecutive semesters without receiving course grades. Students without grades for two semesters will be discontinued in the system and must reapply to UNLV before they will be able to return to take classes.

Checklist for Returning Students:

  • Complete the UNLV application for Re-entering Students, as soon as you decide you want to return to school. The admissions process will take several weeks, so it is important to get the process started as early as possible. Be sure to meet the admissions deadlines or your return will be delayed.
  • Submit official transcript to admissions if you have attended another higher education institution since leaving UNLV.
  • Check your MyUNLV Communication Center for things that need to be done before your admissions can be finalized.
  • Once admitted, you must return to MyUNLV and ‘Accept’ your readmission to UNLV.
  • Although it doesn’t appear on the application, Summer admission is available; however you must call the Admissions Office to get permission to return in the Summer semester – 702-774-UNLV (8658).
  • Review your MyUNLV account – pay any outstanding balances, library fees, etc.
  • Re-activate your Rebelmail account
  • Call the OSA to make an appointment with your advisor. You must have started the application process before calling for an appointment.
  • Items to bring to your appointment: copies of transcripts of schools you attended in your absence, if applicable, and any paperwork related to your degree progression
  • Any problems you experience with the application or registration process should be directed to the Admissions Office – 702-774-UNLV. The OSA is unable to help with problems associated with the application, registration, or holds placed on your account by campus entities outside of the Hotel College.

Suspended Students

  • Visit the undergraduate catalog's Academic Policies section for information regarding returning from university suspension, repeating courses and G.P.A calculation.
  • Call the OSA at least three months prior to the semester you wish to return and ask for a reinstatement appointment. The process to reinstate after suspension includes three visits with an academic advisor, preparation of a personal statement and plan of study to restore your academic record, and a meeting with the College’s Academic Standards Committee. This process takes three months to complete.