Honors College is pleased to admit qualified students who have already begun their undergraduate work. If you are currently enrolled at UNLV, please submit the materials below. If transferring from another institution, please complete your application to UNLV prior to submitting your materials to Honors College.
- 3.5 cumulative university GPA
When reviewing applicants, we look for far more than GPA and test scores; we want to get a sense of who you are beyond the numbers. Our committee considers your academic history, participation in extracurricular activities, writing skill as demonstrated in your application essay, and recommendations from references.
To complete your online application, you will need the following documents:
- 1 letter of recommendation from a university/college faculty member
- Transcripts covering all university level coursework taken (unofficial accepted)
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae – include academic honors, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and educational travel
- Writing sample (academic course paper, 3-5 pages)
- An essay articulating why you are interested in Honors College (500-word maximum)
For questions, additional information, or to send supplemental documents after submitting the online application, please email [email protected]. Any recommendations received via email must be sent directly from official educational email addresses.
NOTE: The link below is for application to the University Honors program. Students interested in the Research and Creative Honors Program (Honors Thesis) must undergo a separate application process, which requires first meeting with an Honors Advisor.