Continuting & Transfer Students Admissions Application

Honors College is pleased to admit qualified students who have already begun their undergraduate work. If you are currently enrolled at UNLV, please submit the materials below. If transferring from another institution, please complete your application to UNLV prior to submitting your materials to Honors College.


  • 3.5 cumulative university GPA

Necessary Documentation

  • Transfer/Current UNLV Student Application.
  • One letter of recommendation from a university/college faculty member.
  • Writing sample (academic course paper, 3-5 pages).
  • An essay why you are interested in Honors College (no longer than 500 words).
  • Transcripts (unofficial accepted) covering all university level coursework taken.
  • Curriculum Vitae — Address your academic honors, extracurricular activities, community activities and educational travel.

For additional information or to send necessary documentation Necessary documentation please email us at [email protected]. Any recommendations received via email must be sent directly from official educational email addresses.

There are additional requirements if applying to the Research and Creative Honors Program.