In addition to directly supporting students, Career Services works with UNLV faculty and staff to support our students. We are happy to help either by consulting with you directly or by meeting with a student you have referred. Career Services assists students in all stages of their career planning and decision-making process. As career counselors, we focus on helping the student develop a personal strategy to meet their career goals beyond their current degree program through:
- Exploring their skills, interests, and values through one-on-one sessions and career assessments
- Identifying career options and finding beneficial experiences
- Reviewing resumes or cover letters, as well as interview preparation
- Developing a plan and materials for applying to graduate or professional school
- Effectively articulating skills learned both in and outside the classroom
Presentations and Workshops
Presentations and workshops are available for your classroom, student workers, or student organizations. We offer a wide-range of topics, including:
- resume building
- creating a positive digital presence
- an overview of our services
- and many more
Additionally, our team can develop a presentation to specifically fit your group’s needs.
For more information about presentations and workshops, please contact us by phone or email.
Hire A Rebel
If your UNLV department or office is looking to hire students for jobs or internships, we can help you post your position in Hire A Rebel CareerLink. Hire A Rebel will provide better exposure for your positions and help connect you with more qualified student employees.
- Will I have control over my job postings?
- Yes, you will be able to create your own content, include screening criteria (e.g. minimum GPA, class level) and set posting dates.
- My department utilizes an online application, would I need to change our system?
- No, if you wish to continue using your current application, you may do so. Your job post will include a link to simply redirect the student to your online application.
- My department utilizes a paper application, how can you help?
- Documents such as MS Word files can easily be attached to your job post for students to access.
- Will I need to login to retrieve student applications and related materials?
- You will have the option to house all application materials received within the system, or request to have them emailed directly to a specified contact person. Please feel free to contact our office for assistance creating an account, or to learn about utilizing the Hire A Rebel system.