Faculty & Staff
In addition to directly supporting students, Career Services works with UNLV faculty and staff to support our students. ;We are happy to help either by consulting with you directly or by meeting with a student you have referred. Career Services assists students in all stages of their career planning and decision-making process. As career counselors, we focus on helping the student develop a personal strategy to meet their career goals beyond their current degree program through:
- Exploring their skills, interests, and values through one-on-one sessions and career assessments
- Identifying career options and finding beneficial experiences
- Reviewing resumes or cover letters, as well as interview preparation
- Developing a plan and materials for applying to graduate or professional school
- Effectively articulating skills learned both in and outside the classroom
Presentations & Workshops
Presentations and workshops are available for your classroom, student workers, or student organizations. We offer a wide-range of topics, including:
- resume building
- creating a positive digital presence
- an overview of our services
- and many more
Additionally, our team can develop a presentation to specifically fit your group’s needs.
For more information about presentations and workshops, please contact us by phone or email.
Hire A Rebel
If your UNLV department or office is looking to hire students for jobs or internships, we can help you post your position in Hire A Rebel CareerLink. Hire A Rebel will provide better exposure for your positions and help connect you with more qualified student employees.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I have control over my job postings?
- Yes, you will be able to create your own content, include screening criteria (e.g. minimum GPA, class level) and set posting dates.
- My department utilizes an online application, would I need to change our system?
- No, if you wish to continue using your current application, you may do so. Your job post will include a link to simply redirect the student to your online application.
- My department utilizes a paper application, how can you help?
- Documents such as MS Word files can easily be attached to your job post for students to access.
- Will I need to login to retrieve student applications and related materials?
- You will have the option to house all application materials received within the system, or request to have them emailed directly to a specified contact person. Please feel free to contact our office for assistance creating an account, or to learn about utilizing the Hire A Rebel system.