Consists of chairs of all Graduate College Committees, Graduate Council Chair, and the GPSA president. The Executive Committee advises the Graduate College dean and aids in strategic planning for the Graduate College.
Reviews and approves new graduate courses and course revisions.
Reviews and recommends approval of new graduate degree programs and changes to existing programs.
Develops guidelines for awarding graduate student funding for fellowships and scholarships, selects fellowship and scholarship recipients, and selects outstanding graduate faculty and outstanding thesis & dissertation award winners.
Works in conjunction with the Faculty Senate to review existing graduate programs.
Reviews and develops policies related to faculty and student welfare, and serves as reviewing and recommending body on select faculty and student academic appeals.
Cultivates opportunities for professional development activities and skills for graduate and professional students, oversees the Graduate Research Certificate Program, and selects the annual Graduate Student Teaching Award.
Ad hoc Top Tier Committees
For the 2020-2021 academic year, six Ad hoc Top Tier Committees will support graduate initiatives. They are as follows:
- Faculty and Student Support, typically meets Tuesdays, 2-3 p.m.
- Innovative Programs, typically meets Thursdays, 1-2 p.m.
- Postdoctoral Advisory Board, typically meets Mondays, 2-3 p.m.
- Diversity, Inclusivity, Equity & Justice, TBA
- Pivot Planning, TBA
- Grad Enrollment Management & Associate Deans for Grad Ed Working Group, typically meets Wednesdays, 1-2 p.m.