When is the application deadline?

Each graduate program sets its own deadline. Please review the application deadlines. Applications must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the day of the deadline.

Why is there no term in the drop down box in the Application Information section of the application?

This means the deadline for that program has already passed, and the application is closed for that semester. For consideration of a late application you must contact and receive approval from the department.

I attended a post-secondary institution but did not receive a degree, do I still need to turn in a transcript?

Yes. Applicants must submit transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.

I previously attended UNLV. Do I need to submit my UNLV transcripts or transcripts that I had transferred to UNLV?

The Graduate College has access to your official UNLV transcript. UNLV transcripts do not need to be submitted.

The Graduate College also has access to records of transcripts that were transferred into UNLV after 2010.  Those records do not need to be resubmitted.

We will require transcripts for any transfer work submitted to UNLV, prior to 2010.

Note: If you received credits from any post-secondary institutions after you attended UNLV, those transcripts would need to be submitted.

Please contact gradadmissions@unlv.edu if you’d like to confirm the status of your transcripts.

I am currently a non-degree seeking student at UNLV. What should I do if I would like to join a degree seeking program?

You would need to create a new application in our online application portal in order to apply for a degree seeking program.

I am currently a graduate student in a degree seeking program at UNLV, and I would like to change programs. What is the process for changing programs?

You would need to reapply in order to be accepted into a different program. You would need to create a new application in our online application portal.

Are undocumented and DACAmented students eligible for admission to UNLV?

UNLV does not take immigration status into consideration.

My documents are too large to upload, what do I do?

Email these documents to gradadmissions@unlv.edu.

Do you accept electronic transcripts? Where should they be emailed to?

Yes. Electronic transcripts will be considered official if they are emailed directly from the registrar of an institution. These transcripts can be emailed to gradadmissions@unlv.edu.

What is considered as an “official transcript”?

Official transcripts are those issued directly by an institution. Transcripts submitted by an applicant are not considered official, unless they are received in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution. Electronic transcripts will be accepted if they are delivered securely from the registrar of the institution and directly emailed to gradadmissions@unlv.edu.

I have not graduated with my bachelor’s degree yet. Do I have to wait until my degree has posted to apply to graduate school?

No. If you have not yet received your degree and are admitted to a graduate program, you will be offered conditional admission. A final official transcript verifying the conferral of your degree will be required by the beginning of your term of admission.

Where should I mail any additional Graduate College admission materials? (For example: admission receipts with check payments or official transcripts upon admission; etc.)


Office of Admissions

University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Mail Stop: 1021
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy.
Las Vegas, NV 89154

Note: Mailing addresses for departments are available on department websites.

Do I have to submit an application for the Graduate College and for my department?

Some academic departments require a separate application process for their applicants. Departments may require other supporting documentation such as: satisfactory composite scores on standardized tests, letters of recommendation, a personal statement, portfolio, or any combination of these items. Refer to your department for specific application requirements and procedures.

Who should I contact with questions about a department or academic program?

You can contact the graduate coordinator for a department if you have any questions about a program and its admissions process.

What is UNLV’s institution code?

UNLV’s institution code is 4861. As long as the institution code is correct, all departments to which you apply will be provided access to your test scores.

How are letters of recommendation submitted?

When you fill out the online application you will provide the contact information for your references. Those references will be able to upload letters of recommendation on your behalf.

I am applying to Physical Therapy through the PTCAS system. Do I need to submit a Graduate College application and submit my transcripts again?

Yes. The Graduate College does not have access to the PTCAS system and cannot view your application. You would need to submit all documents required for admission directly to the Graduate College.

What are the payment options for the application fee?

You can pay the nonrefundable application fee online by credit or debit card or by mailing a money order or check, made payable to the Board of Regents, UNLV, sent directly to the Graduate College.

Does the Graduate College offer a fee waiver?

Application waivers are only available to Fulbright Recipients and McNair Scholars. Documentation of waiver eligibility must be submitted to gradcollege@unlv.edu. McNair Scholars must submit a verification letter signed by a McNair advisor or program representative.

Active duty military personnel stationed in Nevada may also request a fee waiver. Please email gradcollege@unlv.edu to request this waiver.

There are no other fee waivers offered.

Can I upload additional documents to the online application once it is submitted?

No. You cannot edit an application once it has been submitted. If you need to submit unofficial transcripts and/or test scores after you have submitted your application you can email them to gradadmissions@unlv.edu. Some departments will not allow changes to department-required documents once an application is submitted. Contact the department to see if documents can be added or references can be changed.

How do I find out if UNLV has received my test scores?

Test scores sent from ETS generally take three (3) weeks to arrive in our system; once the scores are received they are accessible by all departments. If you would like to verify that we have received your test scores, please contact the department.

How can I check the status of my application?

Log in to your application in our online application portal. Your application status will be updated as we receive documents, the Graduate College completes their evaluation, and the department reviews your application.

When will I receive my final decision letter?

Your academic department will review all materials and submit their recommendation to the Graduate College. Your final decision letter will be posted to your online application account by the Graduate College. You will receive an email when this letter is ready for viewing. The Graduate College no longer mails paper copies of decision letters.

How do I accept or decline the admission offer?

Log into your Grad Rebel Gateway account and select the Admissions tab. You will see a link that says "Admitted-Respond to Offer." Select this link to read your admission letter and accept or decline admission in the letter itself.

I applied to a graduate program at UNLV but was not admitted. Do I need to send a complete application when I reapply?

If you have previously mailed official transcripts to the Graduate College, you will not need to resubmit those documents when you reapply. Unofficial transcripts uploaded to a previous application will not be transferred onto another application. All departmental application materials will need to be uploaded to the new application.

How do I receive an NSHE ID number?

Your NSHE ID number will be sent to you in a separate email after you submit your application. The NSHE ID will be your student number on campus. You will need this ID number to log in to your MyUnlv account after you are admitted to accept your admission and register for courses.

Why am I showing up as out of state when I am a Nevada resident?

New graduate students are classified as out-of-state for tuition purposes until Nevada residency is determined via the residency application process.

Who do I contact about the mandatory health insurance?

Students who are admitted into a graduate or professional program and are enrolled in 9 credits or more (regardless of the course level) and all Graduate Assistants, will be automatically billed for student health insurance. Students who already have health insurance are able to waive the UNLV insurance by submitting an insurance fee waiver. Email insurancewaiver.grads@unlv.edu for assistance.

How much will my program cost?

Our Student Registration Fee Calculator will provide an estimate of the tuition and fees you can expect to pay for the upcoming semester. The amount will not include special fees associated with certain individual courses.

I cannot attend UNLV in the semester that I was accepted. How do I defer my admission?

First, do not accept your offer of admission in MyUNLV. Once you have accepted your admission offer for a specific semester, you cannot defer admission unless approval is received from the Graduate College.

You will need to send an email to the graduate coordinator of your department to request to defer your admission and copy the Graduate College Admissions Office on the email (gradadmissions@unlv.edu). If the department approves the deferral of your admission, the Graduate College Admissions Office will notify you via email once your deferral has been processed. You will then need to log in to your MyUNLV account and accept admission for the new term.

Note: a revised admission letter will be posted to your account on the online application portal.