To be eligible to participate in this program, graduate students:
- Must have completed at least 9 graduate level credits in a graduate or professional degree program at UNLV by the start of the program.
- Must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing in their graduate or professional degree program.
- Must have a minimum 3.5 overall GPA.
- Must have the approval of their faculty advisor.
Applications are only accepted once a year. We will begin accepting applications the week before the spring semester begins. There is no application fee. The application package consists of:
- Completed and signed application
- CV or resume
- Single-spaced, one-page maximum letter of interest which includes:
- What are your career goals (please be specific here since this helps us pair you with employers)?
- How will participating in the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program help you to prepare and pursue your career goals?
- What do you hope to gain from the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program?
Eligible students must submit all application materials as a single PDF to the Graduate College Professional Development Academy at email@example.com by Thursday, April 29, 2021. The subject line of the email should consist of: Your Last Name-Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program Application.
All program requirements need to be completed in full by the student in order to complete the program and receive a certificate of completion.
- Students must attend all cohort meetings, which include: (1) an introductory meeting in August; (2) a meeting at the end of the Fall semester; (3) a meeting at the beginning of the spring semester; and (4) a meeting at the end of the academic year. Please note that students will be put on program probation after one cohort meeting absence and the second absence may lead to program separation.
- Attend a 1:1 goal setting meeting with an assigned employer.
- Attend 1 day of Job Shadowing with an assigned employer.
- Meet with a Career Counselor to have your resume reviewed.
- Complete a mock interview and get individualized feedback on your interview skills from an employer. If students complete the program, they possibly have the opportunity to be selected for an internship. Students will be required to meet with a Career Services Internship Coordinator prior to beginning the internship.
- Write a reflection paper that must be submitted by Thursday, April 1, 2021 and presented at the final cohort meeting
- Complete all program assessments
- Students must submit the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program Workshop Attendance Form at the end of each semester in order to receive credit for workshops attended during the respective semester. For the fall semester, the form should be submitted by study week. For the spring semester, the form should be submitted by the final cohort meeting. This form must be submitted even if no workshops were completed during the semester.
- Students must submit the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program Completion Form and Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program Workshop Attendance Form (see the Forms tab below) by the final cohort meeting when the reflection papers are presented in order to complete the program.
- Students must apply and be admitted before they can begin participating in the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program.
- Once admitted, students must complete all program requirements in one academic year with their cohort.
- All cohort meetings are mandatory.
- If a student is not in good standing in their graduate or professional degree program, or if they create any problems as a participant in the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program, they may be removed from the program at the discretion of the Graduate College and Career Services teams. Please be familiar with UNLV’s Student Conduct Code.
- Please note that students may only participate in 2 of the following Graduate College programs during the academic year:
- Post-Graduate Career Pathways
- Teaching Certification
- Research Certification
- Mentorship Certification/Rebel Research and Mentorship Program (RAMP)
- Communication Certification
- These workshops are free.
- No campus workshops or courses taken prior to admission to the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program may be counted toward the program. All workshops that count towards the program must be completed within one year (program duration).
- Students may only get credit for Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program workshops that they RSVP for at least 24 hours in advance.
- Only workshops or courses that are successfully completed in full will count toward the program. To successfully complete a session, participants must arrive on time, stay for the entire session, and be awake and engaged throughout the workshop. Any assigned work must be completed by the deadline.
- Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program workshops carry no academic credit and do not appear on student transcripts.
Spring 2021 Workshop Schedule
The below workshops will help fulfill the requirements for the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program. You must RSVP for all workshops at least 24 hours in advance. To RSVP, please click on the workshop below. This will send you to the calendar entry page, which has the RSVP information. A full list of the workshops offered this semester can be found on the Graduate College Student Workshop Calendar.
Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program Events
Workshop Summary Options
The below workshops will help fulfill the requirements for the Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program. To receive credit for a workshop, click on the workshop recording you would like to watch, write a 1-page summary, and submit the summary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include these workshops on the Workshop Attendance Form you will submit at the end of the Fall and Spring semesters.
Tuesday Talks: Your Questions Answered
The Graduate College will be hosting Tuesday Talks: Your Questions Answered for current Leadership & Professional Development Academy program participants. Please drop by on any of the following Tuesdays, 4-5 p.m., to ask us any questions you might have or just to check your progress:
- Tuesday, October 13, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, October 27, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, November 24, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, December 22, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, January 26, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, February 23, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, March 30, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, April 27, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
- Tuesday, May 11, 4-5 p.m., Webex Link
All cohort meetings are mandatory unless you have a documented excuse that has been approved. If you miss a cohort meeting, without prior permission, you may be removed from the program.
Below are the meeting dates and times for the 2020-2021 Post-Graduate Career Pathways Program cohort
- Introductory Meeting: Thursday, August 20, 2020, 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., Online
- End of the Fall Semester Meeting: Friday, November 20, 2020, 3:30 - 5:00 p.m., Online
- Start of the Spring Semester Meeting: Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m., Online
- Final Cohort Meeting: Friday, April 16, 2021, 11:30 am - 1:30 p.m., Online
Participating in Multiple Programs
Students are allowed to participate in multiple programs each academic year. However, the requirements for each program must be completed in full. We will allow one workshop to overlap for multiple programs if: 1.) there is justification that the workshop makes sense for multiple programs; and 2.) the student has asked the program manager in advance.