GPSA sponsorship funding is reimbursement for costs incurred after return from travel or purchasing of materials. Upon return from travel, submit your award letter and two original documents as proof of attendance via this GPSA Sponsorship reimbursement form. Please send any questions to email@example.com. NOTE: Project funding sponsored by the GPSA expires 12 months from the date of the award letter. Reimbursement requests must be submitted within this time frame or the award amount will be forfeited.
TRAVEL (CONFERENCE/EVENT) REIMBURSEMENTS
You must provide two items as proof of attendance in order to process your reimbursement. Do not submit receipts purchased under someone else’s credit card. Examples are provided below:
- Airline Itinerary: The receipt emailed to you from the airline. Must show the time/day you leave and return, the amount paid, and proof-of-payment (i.e. last four digits of your credit card and kind of card used).
- Hotel Folio: The final receipt from the hotel that details expenses (i.e. room rate, taxes, room service charges, etc.). Must show dates of stay, the amount paid, and proof-of-payment.
- If you share a room with a colleague: You must pay for your share of the room using a method under your name. You must show proof-of-payment; i.e. hotel folio must indicate this split charge, Airbnb split charge, or transfer of funds to colleague via electronic method such as Venmo or PayPal along with hotel folio/lodging receipt explaining how you split the charge.
- Conference Registration: The registration receipt for your conference. Must show proof-of-payment. Note that the GPSA cannot reimburse conference membership fees.
General notes on proof-of-payment: For cash payments, receipts showing cash payments are acceptable. For third-party online payments (e.g. PayPal, etc.), including credit card/bank statement showing the expense; PayPal receipts alone are not accepted.
Research Materials (goods and services) should be purchased via departmental PCard. GPSA will reimburse students for travel expenses paid for by the student only.
Purchasing Supplies: Research equipment and materials must be purchased using a departmental credit card (PCard) or a purchase order. The department must reconcile their PCard in Workday against GPSA’s account and upload the student's award letter to be approved. The PCard reconciliation will not be approved without the student's GPSA Sponsorship award letter uploaded. Please note:
- You will not be reimbursed for items purchased using a personal credit card or for materials purchased prior to the award letter being provided.
- All equipment, materials, etc. purchased using GPSA funds must remain in your department for future use.
- Project funding sponsored by the GPSA expires 12 months from the date of the award letter.
These are basic instructions for your reimbursement. If your travel/research activities include other expenses and you are unsure of how to document them, or if you have any other questions, please call (702-895-2261) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the GPSA Manager.