Top 10% Incentive Scholarship
$1,000 per year ($500 per semester)
- Automatic consideration if the requirements are met. Priority consideration is provided to students based upon date of admission and until scholarship program funds expire. The Top 10% Incentive Scholarship is not an entitlement program. Funding is limited to first come, first served.
- No student should assume he or she will be receiving this scholarship until an official award notice has been received from the UNLV Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Selected students will be notified of an award within his or her MyUNLV Communication Center.
Initial Award Criteria
- Must have been previously awarded a Provost, Rebel or UNLV Excellence scholarship
- Must have a final official high school transcript indicating a class rank in the top 10% of their high school class and it must be received by July 1 of the award year.
- your self-reported class rank from your UNLV admissions application will not be used
- Must be a new freshman student starting attendance during a fall semester
- Must have never attended another college
Students are provided consumer information about their scholarship and are expected to understand the terms and conditions of this scholarship. Students who do not meet the renewable conditions will not have their scholarship reinstated.
- Must maintain your Provost, Rebel or UNLV Excellence scholarship eligibility. If you lose your Provost, Rebel or UNLV Excellence scholarship eligibility, you will forfeit the Top 10% Incentive Scholarship
- Must maintain a 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Must enroll and complete 12 credit hours each semester (excluding summer)
- Must be meeting the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy
- May receive up to 130 credit hours or 8 semesters (whichever comes first) of consecutive enrollment during fall and spring semesters
- Graduate and professional students are not eligible for this program.
- Transfer students are not eligible for this program.
- International students are not eligible for this program.
- A student who is offered this scholarship during a fall semester, elects to not attend UNLV, but now wants to start attending spring semester forfeits this scholarship.
- Students who drop below 12 credit hours during the first week of classes forfeit their award for the semester and are immediately placed on scholarship probation for the next continuous term of enrollment. If a student was previously on scholarship probation, this scholarship is then forfeited.
- Students who do not meet the minimum academic requirements at the end of the semester are placed on scholarship probation and notified of their status via MyUNLV. Students may receive this scholarship for one more semester of concurrent enrollment. If the minimum academic requirements are not met again, the scholarship is forfeited. There is no appeal process. The prior scholarship probation has acted as an appeal process for students to correct their academic performance.
- Students who elect to graduate with more than one major (double, triple major) will likely run out of scholarship eligibility before college graduation. This scholarship program is designed to achieve only one major. You cannot appeal to extend your eligibility.
- Students who have earned AP credits/college credits while in high school should be advised that these credits will apply toward the 130 maximum credit limit. Please consult your Academic Advisor to review your program’s required courses and see how these credits may apply.
- Students taking summer courses should be advised that these credits also apply toward the 130 maximum credit limit.
- This scholarship is not available during summer semester.
UNLV reserves the right to discontinue or make adjustments to this scholarship program at any time. In the unlikely event this scholarship program would be discontinued, students currently receiving a Top 10% Incentive Scholarship would be funded through the remaining academic year.