Initial Award Criteria
- ACT score range: 36–30* or SAT score range: 1600-1,390*
- High school GPA (unweighted): 4.0-3.8*
- New freshmen students who have never attended college
- Limited funds are available: Award preference is provided to freshmen who completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and who are newly admitted to UNLV by Nov. 1
- Full time enrollment (12 credit hours or more)
- This scholarship is determined based upon your academic record at the time of admission. Additional documentation (test score/GPA) which may increase your scholarship eligibility to a higher tier, after your time of admission, will not be considered due to funding limitations. This scholarship is not guaranteed to all students who meet the criteria because of funding limitations. Priority consideration is provided if the eligibility requirements are met and you are admitted by the November 1st deadline until scholarship funds expire. This scholarship is not considered an entitlement program.
- Cannot receive in conjunction with a President’s, Midby/Byron, Mildred Cotner, UNLV Excellence or Rebel Scholarship
- Provost awards may be offered to students based on self-reported academic information from the Admissions application. If it is determined you have incorrectly self-reported data on your Admissions application and final academic transcripts indicate you would not have met the Provost academic standards, your Provost award will be cancelled based upon the inaccurate information you reported.
- You must submit official SAT or ACT scores to UNLV by November 1. Scores are considered official when submitted to UNLV directly from the College Board or ACT program, or when they appear on an official high school transcript. Unofficial test scores, including scores hand-delivered to the Financial Aid and Scholarships or Admissions offices, will not count toward consideration for scholarships.
*View a graph to better understand the criteria needed and the amount awarded for this scholarship
Students are provided consumer information about their scholarship and are expected to understand the terms and conditions of this scholarship. Students who do not meet the renewable conditions will not have their scholarship reinstated.
- Up to 130 credit hours or 8 semesters (whichever comes first) of consecutive enrollment
- 12 or more credit hours each semester (excluding summer)
- Maintain 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Limited funds are available with a valid FAFSA: Award priority is provided to previous award recipients who completed the FAFSA by Nov. 1 who have met the award parameters
- Must be maintaining the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy.