Rebel Challenge Scholarship for Transfer Students
COVID-19 Impact on Housing Requirement for Scholarships
Given the uncertainty of the current pandemic, your scholarship award will not be rescinded due to any housing requirements. You will not be penalized for living on or off campus.
Use the Self-Service Help Center to ask questions about award eligibility.
$9,000 per year ($4,500 per semester)
- Automatic consideration if the requirements are met. Priority consideration is provided to students based upon their date of admission and until scholarship program funds expire. The Rebel Challenge Scholarship for Transfer Students is not an entitlement program. Funding is limited to first come, first served.
- No student should assume they will be receiving this scholarship until an official award notice has been received from the UNLV Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. Selected students will be notified of an award within their MyUNLV account.
Initial Award Criteria
Students must meet the following:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Less than 90 transferable credit hours.
- Must be a new nonresident transfer student starting attendance during a fall semester.
- Limited funds are available with a valid Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Alternate Need Form.
- Priority consideration is given to those who meet the November 1 priority deadline and are newly admitted to UNLV.
- Must enroll and complete at least 15 credit hours during the fall and spring semesters (credit requirement does not apply to the summer terms).
Students are provided consumer information about their scholarship and are expected to understand the terms and conditions of this scholarship. Students who do not meet the renewable conditions will not have their scholarship reinstated.
- Must enroll and complete 15 credit hours each semester (excluding summer).
- Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must be meeting the financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
- May receive this scholarship up to 135 earned credit hours (including earned transfer credits) or 9 semesters (whichever comes first).
- Must maintain nonresident student status.
- New transfer students starting attendance during a spring or summer semester are not eligible for this program. You must start UNLV attendance during the fall semester this scholarship was offered to you.
- Graduate and professional students are not eligible for this program.
- New transfer students with 90 or more transferable credit hours are not eligible for this program.
- Students who drop below 15 credit hours during the first week of classes forfeit their award for the semester and are immediately placed on scholarship probation for the next continuous term of enrollment. If a student was previously on scholarship probation, this scholarship is forfeited.
- Students who graduated from a Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) state are not eligible for this program.
- Students enrolled at Fort Valley State College in the State of Georgia participating in a 3+2 math and engineering program at UNLV already pay in-state tuition rates and are not eligible for this program.
- Students serving within the Nevada National Guard already pay in-state tuition rates and are not eligible for this program.
- This scholarship specifically helps pay for nonresident tuition charges. A student will forfeit their award and may be required to pay back previously disbursed amounts of this scholarship for the semester to UNLV if they become a Nevada resident.
- A student who is offered this scholarship during a fall semester elects to not attend UNLV, but now wants to start attending spring semester forfeits this scholarship.
- This award is non-refundable to the student. The Rebel Challenge Scholarship for Transfer Students only applies to nonresident tuition charges. No cash refunds or excess cash balances can be paid from this program.
- If another scholarship or grant specifically pays for a portion or all of a student’s nonresident tuition, the Rebel Challenge Scholarship for Transfer Students is reduced or canceled.
- Students who do not meet the minimum academic requirements are placed on scholarship probation and notified of their status via MyUNLV. Students may receive this scholarship for one more semester of concurrent enrollment. If the minimum academic requirements are not met again, the scholarship is forfeited. There is no appeal process. The prior scholarship probation status has acted as an appeal process for students to self-correct their academic performance.
- This scholarship is determined based upon your academic record at the time of admission. Additional documentation (test score/GPA) which may increase your scholarship eligibility to a higher tier, after your time of admission, will not be considered because of funding limitations.
- Students who elect to graduate with more than one major (i.e., double major, triple major) will likely run out of scholarship eligibility before college graduation. This scholarship program is designed to achieve only one major. You cannot appeal to extend your eligibility.
- Students who have earned AP credits/college credits while in high school should be advised that these credits will apply toward the 135 maximum credit limit. Please consult your Academic Advisor to review your degree program and determine how credits will apply. Credits that are taken during the summer term also apply toward the 135 maximum limit.
- This scholarship is not available during summer semester.
UNLV reserves the right to discontinue or make adjustments to this scholarship program at any time. In the unlikely event this scholarship program be discontinued, students currently receiving a Rebel Challenge Scholarship for Transfer Students would be provided two semesters of advance notice.