Once you login to Handshake, follow these instructions:
1. First, use the UNLV Career Toolkit to create an effective resume, cover letter, CV, personal statement, and more.
2. Use the following checklists to ensure your document or profile meets the baseline or minimum expectations, before submitting for review:
3. Develop a solid working draft of your document in Google Docs (https://docs.google.com/document). Google Docs make it easy for your coach to partner with you and provide real-time feedback, commentary, and recommendations. For resumes, CVs, and cover letters, you can include a link to the position description you are applying to in the document for reference.
4. To ensure that your Career Coach will have access to your Google Document. Click the share button in the top right of the screen, set the options for “anyone with the link” to edit. For assist, visit Google Support. For LinkedIn, just submit your customized URL. For assistance, visit LinkedIn Help.
5. Once your coach receives your request, give them 3-5 business days to provide commentary and feedback on your document. Once they have completed their review, you will receive a personal message from your coach in Handshake. After review, a coach may request to set up a coaching appointment.