UPD Alert Test
On Tuesday, August 31st, 2021, at 10 a.m., University Police Services will be testing all on-campus emergency notification systems, across the College of Southern Nevada, Desert Research Institute - Las Vegas, Nevada State College, and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas campuses, which may include:
- SMS text, voice call, and/or e-mail alert.
- Posts to campus and/or University Police Services’ Facebook & Twitter pages: @UPDSouth, @CSNCoyote, and @NevadaState.
- Desktop computer, public monitors, and VOIP office phone notifications.
- UNLV RebelSAFE App, CSN MobileSAFETY App, and NSC StateSafe App push notifications.
- A voice notification via outdoor RebelSAFE emergency phones on UNLV’s campus.
- An emergency information banner on UPD and/or campus websites.
It is important to note that this alert is only a practice drill of the systems and not an actual emergency.
In the event of an emergency, these platforms will be used to notify you of the incident and provide information and instructions. In the event of an actual alert, you should seek a safe location and monitor media reports, e-mails, computer monitor screens, and emergency texts.
To learn more or to update your contact information, visit updsouth.nevada.edu and select your campus location for further instructions. Download your campus safety app today and ensure your notifications settings enable push notifications to receive alerts: Open your app > Select About/Preferences > Select Notification Settings > Enable.
University Police Services