UNLV's Alternative Breaks Applications are Open!
Want to do something for you Spring and May Break? Join a UNLV Alternative Break Trip. Often called “alt breaks,” these are student-led, university-sponsored trips that typically last a week. They’re a great way to experience a different community and explore social justice issues through service alongside communities. While you travel, your group will do service, learn, live simply, and get to know your fellow travelers and host community. This year's topics are:
- Immigration at the US-Mexico Border
- Ecology: Fire and Human Impact
- Food and Housing Insecurity
- LGBTQIA+ Perspectives and Experiences
- Environmental Conservation, Restoration, and Recreation
- Mass Incarceration and Community Development
All currently enrolled students are encourage to apply.
These trips are subsidized by the University to be affordable to students, but still have some financial commitment from participants (cost dependent on the trip). Click HERE to apply!
More info on this event
Office of Service Learning and Leadership