UNLV NEXTET Presents: Tunes, Beats, and Tintinnabuli Featuring the Irrera Brothers
NEXTET new music series, the contemporary chamber music series at the UNLV School of Music, features 20th and 21st concert music performed by UNLV faculty, students, and guest artists.
Directed by Dr. Jennifer Bellor, this concert will feature the violin and piano duo, The Irrera Brothers. Cited by the New York Concert Review as providing a “riveting and dynamic performance” at their most recent concert in Carnegie Hall, the critically acclaimed Irrera Brothers Duo has captivated audiences throughout the United States and abroad. The brothers have also performed at Lincoln Center, the Kennedy Center, Spivey Hall, the Eastman Theatre, and internationally throughout Europe and Central America. They will be performing works by composers Arvo Pärt, Jennifer Bellor, and Marcus Norris.
The first half of the concert will feature performances by distinguished UNLV faculty and student performers. They will be playing music by Valerie Coleman, Chen Yi, Alexandre Tansman, Francyl Gawryn, and Tan Dun.
- Valerie Coleman - Umoja - Morelli Wind Quintet (G Pupkiewicz, Isabella Westlake, Kevin Vasquez, Hannah Johnson, Xavier Woodley)
- Alexandre Tansman - Sonatine - Marta Płomińska & Cindy Lee
- Francyl Gawryn - Kyrie - Grad String Quartet (Chengyu Ren, Won Na, Andrew Vasquez, Jeayoung Jo)
- Tan Dun - Selections from Eight Memories in Water Color - Zhenyu Yang
- Chen Yi - Happy Tune - Lauren Zwonik and Andrew Smith
- Marcus Norris - I Tried So Hard for You (Dance Suite) - The Irrera Brothers
- Jennifer Bellor - A Gray Dream - The Irrera Brothers
- Arvo Pärt - Fratres - The Irrera Brothers
Open to the public