The year 2020 will bring major changes to Las Vegas and to the gaming industry as a whole. In Las Vegas, a variety of new casinos and sports and entertainment attractions will open, turning the Strip on its head. In gaming, changes in technology will only accelerate during the next year and begin moving at the speed of light as we enter the new decade. From new ways to play casino games to shifting demographics to a reconfigured casino floor, gambling in 2020 and beyond will change fundamentally. The Road to 2020 will prepare operators, suppliers, regulators and educators for what lies ahead.
- 8:00 – 8:45 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:45 – 9:00 a.m. Welcome: Stowe Shoemaker, Dean, UNLV’s Harrah’s College of Hospitality
- 9:00 – 9:45 a.m. The Vegas Economy Today and Tomorrow
- 9:45 – 11:15 a.m. Under Construction: Raiders Stadium; Area 15; The Drew; The MSG Sphere; Caesars Convention Center; LV Convention Center
- 11:15 – 11:30 a.m. Networking Break
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Who’s Coming?: The Shifting Demographics of the New Las Vegas Visitor
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Lunch & Keynote Speaker (TBD)
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. The New Casino Floor: Technology & Design Intersect
- 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Staging Themed Events: Making It Exciting
- 3:30 – 4 p.m. Networking Break
- 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. The Diverse Organization: What It Really Means to Lead ‘Like A Woman’
- 5:00 – 6:30 p.m. Closing Reception
The series is a cooperative effort between the UNLV William F. Harrah College of Hospitality, publishers of Global Gaming Business (GGB) Magazine, and Applied Management Strategies.