UNLV Dance: In Orchestra 3
The first concert of the year resumes the “In Orchestra” series. UNLV Dance will team with the UNLV Orchestra to present Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet. Rather than simply reconstruct the original ballet, the goal of the work is to collect a group of choreographers and tell the traditional story though the lens of numerous dance styles and genres, including ballet, modern dance, jazz, contemporary dance, hip hop, and folk dance. “In Orchestra 3” also will bring members of the UNLV Theatre into the mix by reciting some of Shakespeare’s original text throughout piece.
- Dance & Full orchestra
- This production is a new version of the classic ballet Romeo and Juliet: mixing dance styles, genres, and forms, with choreography by UNLV Dance faculty (Cathy Allen, Victoria Dale, Margot Mink Colbert, Richard Havey, Louis Kavouras, and Dolly Kelepecz-Momot) and guest artists (James Jeon, choreographer in residence at Seoul Ballet Theatre, Jiyeon Kim and Jaesun Lee, dance faculty at Korea National Sport University)
- Music by Prokofiev performed by the UNLV Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Taras Krysa
- Lighting by Elizabeth Kline, with video projections by Beth Mehocic.
- Students from UNLV Theatre will be reciting some of Shakespeare's original text throughout the piece.
In addition to evening performances, UNLV Dance will also present an afternoon matinee performance of In Orchestra 3. See the full list of performance dates and times.
$18 - All Seats
$10 discounted tickets are available for seniors, military members, all students, UNLV Faculty and Staff, and UNLV Alumni.
Season subscriptions will be available for sale beginning April 17. Call the UNLV Performing Arts Center Box Office for details (702-895-2787).
Order Your Tickets
- At the UNLV Performing Arts Center Box Office - Conveniently located on the north-east end of campus attached to the south face of the parking garage; view maps and directions for more information
- Over the Phone - Call (702) 895-ARTS (2787)
- Online - Buy here.
Please note: Additional fees apply to phone and internet purchases.
UNLV Performing Arts Center patrons are welcome to park in the Cottage Grove Parking Garage. Parking is free after 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday, after 1 p.m. Friday, and all weekend. Visit UNLV Parking and Transportation Services for more information.