UNITE Summer 2018
Room number TBD.
UNITE is a six week, full-day, pre-collegiate summer experience for high school students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
Students who choose to participate in the program will attain basic skills in the following areas:
- Programming: C++/Java/Python programming (no prior programming experience is needed).
- Technical Writing: Scientific Writing Workshops.
- Research: Computer Science Research.
- Reading and Presentation Tasks: Scientific Paper Reading and Poster Presentation.
- Research Publication: Research papers will be published in IEEE International Journals/Conferences.
- Team Work: Group Projects.
UNITE helps students prepare for their future by giving them hands on experience in programming and working together with data-scientists and engineers.
The application deadline is April 20th. For more information, check out our event link (below).
This event is for 9th-12th Grade students (middle school students can also apply). Research interests are strongly required.
GPA: 3.0 or higher.
More info on this event
This event is hosted by the Department of Computer Science whose sponsors include the National Institute of Health, National Science Foundation, Academy of Science and Engineering, NASA, and the U.S. Department of Defense.