Now with the invalidation of PASPA, the legalization and regulation of sports betting has been on the minds of many jurisdictions. A number of states have passed resolutions or legislation calling for the right to develop sports betting and even the professional sports leagues have urged Congress to adopt a federal framework allowing states to authorize betting on professional sports.
Our 2-day intensive program - covering the basics of sports betting from the International Center for Gaming Regulation in Las Vegas, Nevada - provides forward looking gaming jurisdictions with the tactical information to prepare for opportunities in changes to current sports betting laws.
Learn from experts in the state that was the only one that legally permitted full-scale sports wagering for almost 70 years. This program has been developed for legislators, policy makers, tribal and state government officials, gaming regulators or gaming industry personnel.
Day 1: Overview of Sports Wagering (Tuesday, April 7, 2020)
• History of Sports Wagering
• Current Status of Sports Wagering
• Federal Sports Wagering Laws
• Types of Sports Wagers
• Sports Wagering Participants
• How Nevada Does Sports Wagering
• Account Wagering
Day 2: Sports Wagering in Operation (Wednesday, April 8 2020)
• Risk Management and Layoff Wagering
• The Impact of Off-Shore Sports Wagering & Technology
• Sports Integrity Issues
• Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) & Esports
• Compliance Issues
• Visit to a Las Vegas Sports Betting Business
Program Dates: April 7 & 8, 2020 (Tues. & Weds.)
Day 1 - 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Day 2 - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Enrollment Fees: $925
Includes all program materials, lunches and a visit to a local sports book.
Program Enrollment: Limited to 40 participants.
Is transportation or parking available?
We encourage participants to arrive either by taxi, Uber or Lyft. However, parking passes can be reserved for a limited number of spaces on the UNLV campus.
What is the attire for the program?
The attire is business casual.
What is the refund policy?
1. In the event a course is canceled, registrants will be notified as soon as possible and receive a full refund of their registration fee. The International Center for Gaming Regulation is not responsible for any travel and related expenses or other expenses incurred by any participant due to a course cancellation.
2. A service fee of Twenty Percent (20%) will apply to all participant initiated cancellations received three (3) weeks prior to the event.
3. A service fee of Fifty Percent (50%) will apply to all participant initiated cancellations received two (2) weeks (14 days or less) prior to the event. In the event you need to cancel, you may substitute another person to attend in your place. However, you will need to inform us in writing no later than two (2) business days prior to the start of the event.
4. All cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing. Refunds granted for credit card charges will be credited to the original account charged. No refunds will be given in the event of “No Shows.” Refunds may take up to 4 weeks for processing.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For additional questions, please contact Craig Ferreira, Operations and Marketing Manager, International Center for Gaming Regulation: firstname.lastname@example.org or (702) 895-2445.