In recent months, the legalization of sports betting has been on the minds of many jurisdictions. A number of states have passed resolutions or legislation calling for the right to develop sports betting and even NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has urged Congress to adopt a federal framework allowing states to authorize betting on professional sports.
Our 2-day intensive program - covering the basics of sports betting from the International Center for Gaming Regulation in Las Vegas, Nevada - provides forward looking gaming jurisdictions with the tactical information to prepare for opportunities in changes to current sports betting laws.
Learn from experts in the only state legally permitted to operate full-scale sports wagering. This program has been developed for legislators, policy makers, tribal and state government officials, gaming regulators or gaming industry personnel.
Day 1: Overview of Sports Wagering (Thursday, April 19th, 2018)
- History of Sports Wagering
- Sports Wagering in America
- Federal Sports Wagering Laws
- Types of Sports Wagers
- Sports Wagering Participants
- How Nevada Does Sports Wagering
- Account Wagering
Day 2: Sports Wagering in Operation (Friday, April 20th, 2018)
- Risk Management and Layoff Wagering
- The Impact of Off-Shore Sports Wagering & Technology
- Sports Integrity Issues
- Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS)
- Compliance Issues
- Visit to a Las Vegas Sports Book