Undergraduate Intellectual Property & Entrepreneurship
This is a Medallion Sponsored Career Event*
In the Understanding Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship workshop, students will be exposed to various strategies of commercializing innovations and the underlying intellectual property, such as patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. The workshop will primarily focus on the following topics: understanding what a patent is, the patent prosecution process, and the licensing of intellectual property. There will also be information made available about resources available to students, as well as UNLV and community stakeholders at large, regarding the UNLV Office of Economic Development, Black Fire Innovation at the Harry Reid Research & Technology Park, and the RebelForge program.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the types of intellectual property
- Learn about student ownership claims
- Became familiar with the multitude of entrepreneurial resources available to UNLV students
- Kegan McMullan, Licensing Associate, Office of Economic Development
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops. If you are new to Event Pass, please access this link to get familiarized with the platform.
All participants are expected to demonstrate professional conduct during this workshop. This includes:
- Using their first name as their screen name.
- Avoid making unprofessional comments.
- Following the directions of the workshop presenter.
Office of Undergraduate Research