Undergraduate Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship
In the Understanding Intellectual Property and Entrepreneurship workshop, students will be exposed to various strategies of commercializing innovations and the underlying intellectual property, such as patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. The workshop will primarily focus on the following topics: understanding what a patent is, the patent prosecution process, and the licensing of intellectual property. There will also be information made available about resources available to students, as well as UNLV and community stakeholders at large, regarding the UNLV Office of Economic Development, Black Fire Innovation at the Harry Reid Research & Technology Park, and the RebelForge program.
Learning Objectives: By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the types of intellectual property
- Learn about student ownership claims
Workshop Facilitator: Kegan McMullan, Licensing Associate, Office of Research and Economic Development"
This workshop is open to UNLV undergraduate students. Please RSVP at least 24 hours in advance for the workshop.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops. Please follow the instructions below to generate an Event Pass QR code:
- Visit involvementcenter.unlv.edu and signing in with your ACE account
- Click on the profile icon in the top right, and choose Event Pass
- Save the QR code to your Apple Wallet, Google Pay, or photos
- Have your QR code ready to be scanned prior to arriving to the workshop
Office of Undergraduate Research