Training is Full: Green Dot for Faculty and Staff
UNLV Green Dot is built on the simple premise that while no one can do everything it takes to end Power-Based Personal Violence, everyone can do something. A “Green Dot” is any behavior or choice that promotes safety for all of us and communicates utter intolerance for any form of violence, such as attending Green Dot training. Green Dot training for faculty, staff, and administrators is a 90-minute training that introduces the basic elements of Green Dot, focusing specifically on the vital role university employees play in establishing and reinforcing the culture that students exist within. The program is designed to help employees understand the expanded definition of “bystander” and to equip all university employees to integrate within their current job functions key behaviors that establish two norms: (1) violence won’t be tolerated, (2) everyone – including faculty, staff and administrators – does their part to keep the campus community free from violence and fear of violence.
- Participants will understand key components of the Green Dot strategy.
- Participants will understand the dynamics of culture change.
- Participants will feel empowered and equipped to be a part of meaningful culture change on campus as it pertains to domestic/dating violence, sexual violence, and stalking.
- Participants will have the knowledge and tools they need to contribute to positive norms pertaining to power-based personal violence.
- Participants will have the knowledge and tools they need to support students in making positive contributions to campus safety.
More info on this event
UNLV Green Dot