Teaching Small versus Large Class Sizes
In this workshop, we will discuss inclusive teaching strategies that you can start using immediately to improve student learning and engagement in both small and large classes.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn strategies that will increase student engagement, student learning, and inclusivity within your classroom
- Learn strategies that will decrease your time grading and responding to student emails
- Develop two ideas for effective small changes you can incorporate into your classroom
- Discuss common issues new teachers encounter and how to respond to them
PDA Type: GCTC
PDA Pillars: Teaching, Career Prep.
Learning Experience: Lecture
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Mid- & Late-Masters; Mid- & Late-Doctoral
- Alison Sloat, Ph.D., Associate Professor-in-Residence
- Jennifer UTz, Ph.D, Associate Professor-in-Residence
This Workshop is open to graduate students. Please RSVP 24 hours prior to the workshop.