Teach Online: Exploring Your Options for Hybrid Classes
Explore your options for developing and teaching a hybrid course at UNLV in this face-to-face workshop. Hybrid courses blend face-to-face and online course instruction, discussion, and learning activities based on the students' needs and subject matter taught. This multimodal approach to instructional delivery provides flexibility for UNLV academic departments, instructors, and students.
This workshop is part of the Office of Online Education’s hybrid courses series.
Instructors completing this workshop will be able to:
- Evaluate different models for hybrid courses
- Determine how to best incorporate a hybrid model and other resources into a course
- Define the differences between a web-based (WB), web-based w/ on/off campus meeting (WM), or hybrid (HY) classes at UNLV.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING:
- A course syllabus for a proposed or implemented UNLV hybrid course.
- Log in access to WebCampus and a personal device (e.g., laptop, ipad).
Heather Whitesides, Ph.D.
UNLV faculty, instructors, and graduate students who are interested in developing and teaching hybrid courses at UNLV are welcome to attend this face-to-face workshop.
Please RSVP Online at least 24 hours in advance.
The Office of Online Education