How do we know if, when, and what an online student is learning? Well-designed assessment instruments provide valuable insights for online instructors and students, as well as measure student learning. This hands-on workshop workshop presents online assessment best practices, strategies, and resources for improving online student learning. Workshop participants will be invited to draft a possible (formative or summative) assessment for their online or hybrid course. Whether you are an experienced online instructor or teaching online for the first time, please join us to take your online assessment skills to the next level.
PARTICIPANTS MUST BRING
- Course syllabus (preferably for your online course)
- Optional: Laptop is entirely optional, but may be useful
Instructors completing this workshop will be able to:
- Describe how formative and summative assessments differ.
- Identify possible methods of assessing online learners.
- Align assessments with online instruction and course outcomes.
Lindsay Couzens, Ph.D.
Director of Academic Assessment & Accreditation
This workshop is offered in collaboration with the UNLV Office of Academic Assessment.