Snowshoeing, Mt. Charleston, NV
-Daytime Snowshoe Hike at Mt. Charleston-
3 miles roundtrip - Difficulty Level: Moderate
Learn to snowshoe on Mt. Charleston! Our experienced Trip Leaders will guide you through the sparkling white snow and rustling green pines. We'll go where the snow is, so it'll be a surprise where we are hiking!
-Lunch, snacks, round trip transportation, and gear are included in the price of this trip-
- 9:00 a.m.: Please meet us in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center in front of the Outdoor Adventure office in the lobby, ready for departure.
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.: Vans depart. Ride approximately 1 hour to the trailhead.
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.: Get fitted with snowshoes and learn snowshoeing basics.
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Hike until we find a nice place for lunch.
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.: Make a hot lunch.
- 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.: Hike back to the van.
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.*: Drive back to UNLV.
- Shoes that you can hike in, tennis shoes are fine.
- Clothes that you can move comfortably in and that will keep you warm.
- Temperatures on Mt.Charleston during the winter get chilly.
- At least 2 liters of water. Make sure these bottles are full before you leave campus.
- A small backpack to carry your water and food in.
Any questions about this trip or trip preparation should be directed to: Hannah Doss firstname.lastname@example.org 702-774-7125
*Times of arrival back onto campus are estimated and due to change without notice
Registration Due by 5:00 p.m. on January 22, 2019.
- $44 for Students and Members
- $54 for Non-members
Registration includes the completion of the Health History form and the Trip Waiver. Both of these documents require a printed signature.
More info on this event
UNLV Outdoor Adventures