Ski and Snowboard, Lee Canyon, NV
-Ski & Snowboard, Lee Canyon, Mt. Charleston -
All experience levels welcome. Create your own adventure through the soft and sparkling snow at Lee Canyon!
Included in price: Ski or snowboard equipment rental, all-day lift pass, optional lesson, and round-trip transportation from UNLV.
- 7:00 a.m. - Please meet us in the Student Recreation and Wellness Center in front of the Outdoor Adventure office in the lobby, ready for departure. Participate in some icebreakers. Load personal gear into vans. Eat breakfast.
- 7:30 a.m. - Vans depart. Ride approximately 1 hour to Lee Canyon Ski Resort.
- 8:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. - Get fitted for all gear, take optional lesson, then ski or snowboard!
- 3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Return all ski/snowboard gear. (Gear cannot be returned any later than 4pm).
- 4:30 p.m. - 5:45 p.m.* - Drive back to UNLV.
- Tall socks to wear under ski or snowboard boots.
- Clothes that you can move comfortably in and that will keep you warm.
- We recommend wearing three layers: A base layer for wicking away sweat. (We recommend synthetic fabric like polyester, not cotton. (ex. Thermals or yoga pants under your top layers). A mid layer for insulation (We recommend fleece). An outer layer (Waterproof if possible and your warmest jacket).
- Beanie, gloves, and scarf recommended.
- Sunscreen and lip balm with SPF. The sun bouncing off the snow can give you a sunburn.
- Snacks and a packed lunch or money to eat at the lodge restaurant (restaurant is probably pricey).
- At least 2 liters of water. Make sure these bottles are full before you leave campus.
- A small backpack to carry your water and food in.
- A change of dry clothes to wear home.
Any questions about this trip or trip preparation should be directed to: Hannah Doss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-774-7125
*Times of arrival back onto campus are estimated and due to change without notice
Registration due by 5:00 p.m., January 22, 2019.
- $122 for Students and Members
- $132 for Nonmembers
Registration includes the completion of the Health History form and the Trip Waiver. Please note that both of these forms require a printed signature.
More info on this event
UNLV Outdoor Adventures