Seminar in Railroad Infrastructure
Rail Transportation Engineering and Advance Maintenance (RailTEAM), which is a Tier-1 University Transportation Center on Improving Rail Transportation Infrastructure Sustainability and Durability organized a seminar on Seminar in Railroad Infrastructure. The seminar was attended by over 20 people from academia and industry. Four following presentations were covered during this seminar.
- Time: 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Presentation: Development and Validation of a New Generation Rail Wear Model Using Emerging Big-Data Analytic Techniques
- Speaker: Allan M Zarembski, Civil Engineering, University of Delaware
- Time:10:30 am – 11:00 am
- Presentation: Mobile 3D Printing of Rail Track Surface for Rapid Repairment
- Speaker: Z.Y. Wang, Mechanical Engineering, UNLV
- Time: 11: 00 am – 11:30 am
- Presentation: UAV Applications to Track Inspection of Irregularity Measurement
- Speaker: Yingtao Jiang, Electrical and Computer Engineering, UNLV
- Time: 11:30 am – 12:00 am
- Presentation: Non-Propriety Ultra High-Performance Concrete for Ballast-Track High Speed Railroad Sleepers.
- Speaker: Nader Ghafoori, Civil and Environ. Engineering and Construction, UNLV
Similar seminars will be organized for the coming year.
This event is free and open to UNLV students, faculty and staff, and alumni.
USDOT University Transportation Center (UTC) Railroad Infrastructure Sustainability and Durability
and AREMA Student Chapter at UNLV