Research with Human Subjects and the IRB Process
Conducting research with human subjects requires researchers to take certain precautions to ensure an ethical and harmless process. In this informative and interactive workshop students will learn about the evolution of research ethics within human subject research, the requirements for initiating human subject research, ethical considerations when dealing with human subjects, and the process of UNLV’s institutional review board (IRB).
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Learn about the requirements needed to conduct human subjects research
- Understand the ethical issues when conducting research involving human participants
- Understand the process of UNLV’s institutional review board
- Learn how to conduct research in an ethical manner
- Dax Miller, Senior Human Research Administrator, Office of Research Integrity
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
Office of Undergraduate Research
Office of Research Integrity