The Research Experiences for Teachers (RET)
The Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) in Big Data Program is a six week summer program designed to keep STEM high school teachers involved in the cutting edge of engineering and computer science. Teachers will work alongside graduate and doctoral students with the aim of sharing their findings and projects in the classroom. Complete access to university-level research facilities will be included to develop lessons and university faculty will visit middle and high schools to assist teachers with lesson implementation. RET is committed to bridging the technological gap between CCSD students and the Information Technology sector by enhancing teaching efficacy in science and mathematics.
Financial support will be provided to three teachers ($1,200 per) to attend the national conference of the National Science Teacher Association and present their results.
The application deadline is May 1, 2018.
Requirements to attend this program:
- Appointment as a STEM teacher in a middle school or a high school.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to enhance STEM education.
- Experience in that showcases the ability to lead as a member of a team working with peers, administrators, parents and students.
- Desire to teach emerging technology through examples in their courses.
- Letter of recommendation from school Principal.
More information in the link below.
More info on this event
This event is proudly sponsored by the National Science Foundation.