This workshop will provide a general overview of the responsible conduct of research (RCR) for the scientist and scholar. RCR is a broad set of interdisciplinary concepts and values that highlight areas of ethical uncertainty. To better prepare for such situations, understanding the ethical responsibilities that span scientific and scholarly disciplines better prepares researchers to avoid these obstacles and challenges in a way that is consistent and thoughtful. This workshop is intended as a general RCR overview and provides attendees with the necessary understanding to guide self-study or identify areas uniquely suited to a particular situation.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Understand the ethical issues involved in every stage of the research cycle
- Learn how to avoid ethical dilemmas and pitfalls in research
- Dr. Brad Woods, Executive Director of the Office of Research Integrity
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Event Pass for all events and workshops. If you are new to Event Pass, please access this link to get familiarized with the platform. If you already have an Event Pass account, please RSVP by clicking on the red button below.
All participants are expected to demonstrate professional conduct during this workshop. This includes:
- Using their first name as their screen name.
- Avoid making unprofessional comments.
- Following the directions of the workshop presenter.
OUR reserves the right to remove a participant for failing to abide by the above rules of conduct.
Office of Undergraduate Research
Office of Research Integrity