“Reproductive Health and Rights in a Post-Dobbs World," a Two-Part Series
The UNLV Health Law Program in Partnership With William S. Boyd School of Law, UNLV School of Public Health and Kirk Kerkorian School of Medicine presents:
2023 UNLV Health Law Program Annual Conference
“Reproductive Health and Rights in a Post-Dobbs World"
Panel on the impact of the Dobbs decision in Nevada, featuring:
- Aaron Ford - Nevada Attorney General
- Sarah Peters - Nevada Assemblywoman, Assistant Majority Whip (North) and Chair, Assembly Committee on Health and Human Services (virtual)
- Dr. Carla Torres - Las Vegas, NV Obstetrician-Gynecologist
- Tammy Mahaney - Family Nurse Practitioner Student, Nevada Right to Life Representative
Part Two: April 7, 2023 – Virtual
9 a.m. -1 p.m. - Zoom Webinar
The Legal Implications of the Dobbs Decision for Abortion and other Reproductive Services
- Speaker information coming soon
The Health Implications of the Dobbs Decision
- Alina Salganicoff - Senior Vice President and Director of Women's Health Policy, Kaiser Family Foundation
What Does Empirical Research Tell us About the Impact of Dobbs on Abortion Access?
- Kari White - Principal Investigator, Texas Policy Evaluation Project (TxPEP) and Associate Professor in the Steve Hicks School of Social Work and Department of Sociology at the University of Texas
What Can We Learn from other Countries that have Restrictive Abortion Laws
- Michelle Oberman - Katharine and George Alexander Professor of Law, Santa Clara University of Law
Registration is required.
Once registered, directions to the Thomas & Mack Moot Courtroom and campus visitor parking information will be sent to those that registered to attend the in-person portion on January 26.
The virtual Zoom link will be sent to those that registered to attend April 7.