Rebel Grad Slam: 3-Minute Thesis Competition
The Rebel Grad Slam challenges students to a 3-minute/1-slide presentation to showcase their research to the audience and judges in a condensed and compelling way.
Participants will be evaluated on how well they explain and communicate the most significant parts of their scholarship/research.
Winners of the Preliminary Rounds on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday will progress to the Semi-Final Round on Thursday.
Winners of the Semi-Final Round will compete in the Grad Slam Finals on Friday, after which there will be a reception.
Please submit the Registration Form by 5 p.m., October 25.
- Mon., Oct. 30: 12-1 p.m., SU 207, 209, 211, 213 and 5-6 p.m., SU 207
- Tue., Oct. 31: 12-1 p.m., SU 207, 209, 211, 213 and 5-6 p.m., SU 207
- Wed., Nov. 1: 12-1 p.m., SU 207, 209, 211, 213 and 5-6 p.m., SU 222
- Thur., Nov. 2: 10:00 a.m.-11:15 a.m., Majorie Barrick Museum
- Thur., Nov. 2: 1:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m., Majorie Barrick Museum
- Thur., Nov. 2: 3:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m., Majorie Barrick Museum
Grad Slam Finals and reception:
The reception will include complimentary hors d'oeuvres, dessert and drinks, located next to the Lobby.
RSVP for the Grad Slam Finals and Reception by Thursday, October 26.
- Fri., Nov. 3, 4-6 p.m., Science and Engineering Building (SEB) Auditorium and Lobby
This event is free and open to the public.
More info on this event
UNLV Graduate College