Planning Lessons for Student Engagement & Retention
Many graduate students are not sure where to begin when lesson planning for teaching. This workshop will review the basics of planning your class time with students to be organized, engaging, and productive. It will provide a structure that graduate students can use to develop well-planned classes that keep their students focused and engaged.
By participating in this workshop, you will:
- Examine and discuss your current lesson planning practices
- Identify lesson objectives and their importance - for both you and your students
- Practice 7 Steps to effective lesson planning
- Develop strategies to plan/present lessons effectively
- Understand student motivation
PDA Type: GCTC
PDA Pillars: Career Prep., Teaching
Learning Experience: Interactive
Time Commitment: < 2 hours
Lifecycle Stage: Early-Mid- & Late-Masters; Mid- & Late-Doctoral
Facilitator/Panelists: Meagan Madariaga-Hopkins, Technical Writer, Engineering
This workshop is open to UNLV graduate students.
Please RSVP at least 24 hours prior to the workshop.