OUR: What is Research? Understanding the Research Cycle
Conducting research is becoming increasingly common among undergraduate students. In this informative and interactive workshop, students will learn an inclusive conceptualization of research and how it is applied to diverse academic disciplines. If you are already conducting research or are new to research, this workshop will help explain the multiple facets of the research cycle. Anyone who is at any stage of being a researcher is welcome to attend.
By participating in this workshop you will:
- Develop a sense of what research is and where undergraduate research is placed within the larger context
- Understand the diversity of approaches to defining, categorizing, and conducting research
- Understand the elements of research education
- Understand research as a process and identify its stages
- Dr. Levent Atici, Executive Director of Undergraduate Research
You must register to attend this event.