OUR: How to Navigate the Digital Information Landscape
Having to operate and compete in a high-paced and information glutted world, students need to develop skills to navigate this complex and rugged information literacy landscape. This webinar will discuss some of the challenges we face and the consequences of poor information literacy.
By participating in this workshop you will learn:
- Physical and digital collections and repositories that UNLV Libraries offer
- How to use the tools and resources of UNLV Libraries in research
- Formats and properties of digital data
- What metadata are and understand their value
- Importance of resource quality and credibility through reference checking
Dr. Levent Atici, Executive Director, Office of Undergraduate Research
This workshop is free to all UNLV students.
The Office of Undergraduate Research is using Webex for all workshops. Please register.